The youth meeting “En Medio del Medio” has celebrated its fifth edition (October 2023). It is a proposal of the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Water and Rural Development of the Junta de Andalucía with rural youth as its primary focus.
More than 150 young people from the eight provinces of Andalusia gathered in the Europa room of CEULAJ (Molina, Malaga, Spain).
We had the opportunity to explain to the rural youth how they can get their first Erasmus+ experience. For this face-to-face meeting, we used different digital tools that fulfilled diverse functions in our approach:
- We have had the support of a blog in which we have stored all the information offered in the presentation.
- Within the training activities SALTO page, etc, the Creative Digital Spaces project was referred to as inspiring and giving form and content to the presented activity.
- Different QR codes provided access to the activities and the information being shared.
- A Kahoot quiz that allowed gamification to consolidate the knowledge shared.
- A final Google form in which the participants’ data in the activity was collected.
- Links to social networks: Facebook and Instagram profiles and WhatsApp dissemination groups.
The participants highly valued the activity, which resulted in:
- personal consultations after the activity (for more than 40 minutes),
- the exponential growth of the number of new users in the WhatsApp Erasmus+ group on the day of the presentation and the following days,
- visits to the blog grew on the day of the presentation and maintained a low but constant number of visits in the following weeks,
- 95% of the attendees filled in the final Google form with their data.
Author: Kico Navas Adamuz
Photo: En Medio del Medio Archive
Images: Leonardo AI