Students that are victims of cyberbullying may need different types of support:
- Emotional support and reassurance that reporting the incident was the right thing to do.
- Advice not to take revenge, but to keep the evidence and show it to parents or staff members.
- Advice on how to prevent further hurtful communication (change passwords, block numbers or senders change numbers, report offensive content etc.)
- Take action to remove the problematic material, if possible
- Discuss contacting the police if the content might be illegal.
Offer students what you can and help them find support in areas you are not able to help them. School counsellors are usually key staff members for organizing a support strategy and support network for the student.