Working with the cyberbully or bullies is just as important as working with the victims. The consequences should be determined on an individual basis and should be in accordance with the rules and procedures the school has in place. Working with the bully should have the intention to:
- Help the victim to feel safe again
- Make sure the bullying stops
- Hold the bully accountable
- Help the bully recognize the harm and consequences of their actions so that it is less likely for behaviour to be repeated
- Demonstrate that cyberbullying and any kind of bullying is unacceptable behaviour, that it will not be tolerated by the school, and that the school has effective ways of dealing with unacceptable behaviour.